About Spotler

Spotler is a cloud-based lead generation software provider that provides a range of marketing automation services that help generate and deliver new business opportunities. From tracking leads to building complex campaigns. They integrate with most CRM systems, connecting you with your data, streamlining your campaigns

Project summary

Spotler were seeking an SEO agency that could help arrest a steady decline in organic traffic. Our objectives were to increase organic traffic to the site month-on-month by 5%, with the additional aim of increasing organic enquiries by 10%.

The SEO Strategy

We began by reviewing the technical health of the Spotler site. We identified that the site had a range of URL errors from a previous migration, as well site-wide duplicate content issues.

Technical Fixes 

The first part of the strategy was to fix the URL errors. These were 404 pages littered throughout the site, not picked up during the migration. We made amendments to the sitemaps as well as the Robots.txt folder.

Duplicate Content Plan

We then put together a content plan that reviewed how to deal with the site-wide duplicate content issues. We identified blog content that was performing well in a given category, then migrated URLs and copy to this blog content to create “power pages”. As a result, this ensured we had one blog post targeting a primary keyword. This was instead of multiple URLs all competing with each other and leading to keyword cannibalisation.

Link building Asset

We were conscious that the technical fixes and content grouping wouldn’t be enough to increase the organic traffic substantially. So alongside this, we also completed a range of keyword research and identified a primary keyword to target in a bid to improve the month on month organic traffic. This keyword formed the basis of a helpful guide in which we also created a branded infographic, to drive much of the link building efforts. Following a full content plan, we created all the copy for the guide as well as the infographic,

Internal Linking

We repaired any internal links that were either on redirects or pointing to 404 pages. We also increased the number of internal links between pages which permitted more link equity to flow throughout the site.

Actions completed:

  • Technical review and fixes
  • Keyword research
  • Duplicate content fixes
  • Link-building
  • Internal linking